The Space is an exciting venue, brimming with possibilities and specially designed for groups like PolyColumbus! The Space also happens to be in a part of Columbus that not everyone travels to regularly.
Never fear: your intrepid PolyColumbus organizers have turn-by-turn directions with photos available for you!
The address for The Space is 180 Outerbelt Street, Columbus, OH 43213. If you want, you can just plug the address into your GPS / smartphone and follow the cues.
For those who would like a little more support…
- Travel on I-270 to Exit 39: SR 16 (Broad Street) / Taylor Station Road / Whitehall.Interstate 270 is a loop around Columbus, and Exit 39 is at approximately the 3:00 position on a clock face.
- Exit onto SR 16 (Broad Street) heading eastbound.Right as you get off the interstate, you’ll pass the Mt. Carmel hospital on your right and the Forest Lawns Memorial Gardens on your left.
- You’ll pass three intersecting streets before arriving at the sign for Outerbelt Street.
These three streets are Taylor Station Road (only on the left), McNaughten Road (only on the right), and a four-way light that has no markings for the intersecting street. The unmarked street on the left is actually Outerbelt Street as well, but it’s not the section of Outerbelt Street you want. For that you continue on.
- The next intersecting street is marked as Outerbelt Street.
Although The Space is just a little ways away now, you probably do not want to turn left across two lanes of Broad Street to follow the Outerbelt Street sign. If you can do so safely, great! Just follow Outerbelt Street for a little ways until you see The Space on your right.
However, for those who don’t want to turn left across two lanes of Broad Street, we encourage you to stay on Broad Street for one more intersecting street.
- The next intersecting street is a four-way light. Turn left here onto Brice Road.
Brice Road is part of the backroads leading back around to the space. You’ll take the first three lefts you can to make your way to The Space. These three lefts are onto McCormick Road, Broughton Avenue, and Outerbelt Street.
- Take three lefts in a row and the Space is on your left!
The Space Entrance
The Space is right across the street from Telhio (which has some pretty impressive lighting).
All photos by either Google Maps or Susan Porter